|« previous | blog | next »|
November 17, 2009
One of the joys of Paris Photo is the many opportunities the fair offers to meet face-to-face photographers whose work you've admired for years.
Here's a selection of the events we at Lens Culture are most looking forward to, plus a link to each artist's work on our site.
- Marie Docher will be showing new work at Gallery 127, booth D34, Wednesday 18 November @ 17h30 and Thursday 19 November @ 18h00.
- Michael Wolf will be signing copies of his book The Transparent City (2008) at Aperture, booth A36, Thursday 19 November @ 16h00. He'll sign copies of Hong Kong Inside Outside (2009) on Friday 20 November at Fifty One Fine Art Photography, booth B31, from 16h00 and at Robert Koch Gallery, booth B26, from 17h00.
- Harvey Benge will sign copies of his book Small Anarchies from Home at Schaden.com, booth C10, Friday 20 November @ 16h00.
- Aline Diépois and Thomas Gizolme will be signing copies of Dust book at Steidl, booth E30, Friday 20 November @ 16h00.
- Simon Roberts will be signing copies of We English at Schaden.com, booth C10, Friday 20 November @ 16h00.
- Scarlett Coten will be signing copies of her book Still Alive at Gallery 127, booth D34, Friday 20 Novembre @ 19h00.
- There'll be a presentation and books signing of the fantastic East - West books at Schaden.com, booth C10, Saturday, November 21, 2009 @ 1pm, with artists including Paolo Woods, Reiner Riedler, Philipp Horak, Simone Casetta and Gianmaria Gava.
- Roger Ballen will give a talk in the Project Room, Saturday, November 21 from 16h00-18h00, then sign copies of his books Outland, Shadow Center and Boarding House at Phaidon, booth B29 from 18h00.
- Elaine Ling will be signing copies of Mongolia: Land of the Deer Stone at Schaden.com, booth C10, Sunday November 22 @ 12h00.
Plus, if you're in Paris, why not check out some other great events around and about the city, too:
- Meet artist Klavdij Sluban on 21 November from 18h00 to 21h00 at Galerie Taiss, Hôtel Dassault, 7 rond-point des Champs Elysées 75008. His accompanying exhibition, Transsibériades, runs from 16 to 30 November.
- Eric Tabuchi has a new exhbition, HyperTrophy, opening at the Galerie HeLo, 9 Rue de Thorigny, 75003 – it runs from 17 to 28 November, with a vernissage on 19 November.