Location:Los Angeles, CA, United States
I am a self-taught photographer, based in Los Angeles. I began working with film in during college, but switching to digital after my dream trip on safari in Africa in 2001 allowed me to be more adventurous in following inspirations. My photos are typically presented without compositing or major Photoshop editing.
My first exhibit was in 20ll, as part of a group show at the Museum of Neon and Kinetic Art, in Los Angeles. That recognition encouraged me to deepen my commitment to photography and begin showing m work. In 2014 I was accepted into membership in the Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA), where I continue my membership and active participation. I am also a member of the Los Angeles Center for Photography (LACP)
Since that time, I have been in many juried exhibitions, including over 20 in 2016 and several since the beginning of 2017. I have won awards and honors at some and had my work published in such prestigious publications as Lenscratch, F-Stop Magazine, and the Photographer's Forum hardcover book Best of Photography 2015. I am also proud to have curated a combination solo exhibit and group show that included seventeen amazing artists who work in a variety of media.
HONORS & PUBLICATIONS (abbreviated)
- Art Muzeo Magazine, March issue. Featured Artist.
- F-Stop Magazine. June/July “Color” issue - 2 photos.
- F-Stop Magazine. February/March, “Love” issue,
- Lenscratch, The 2016 Last Days of Summer Exhibition, Part 6 - Girl in Pink with White Ribbon in Her Hair, online at http://lenscratch.com/2016/09/the-2016-last-days-of-summer-exhibition-part-6/
- Life Framer, August, An Instant [month’s theme]: Editors' Pick - “Modeling,” http://www.life-framer.com/an-instant-editors-picks/.
- F-Stop Magazine, October, “The Human Body” issue, guest editor Sarah Hadley.
- F-Stop Magazine, February, “Wonder-Full” issue.
- Digital display at the Louvre - July 13th, as part of the Documentary Collection, page 60, SeeMe Exhibitions and the Fifth Annual Exposure Award.
- Photographer's Forum hardcover book, Best of Photography 2015.
- F-Stop Magazine, February, “Black and White” issue. “A Boy and His Thoughts.”
- Winner of the 2014 International Street Photography Contest, sponsored by YourDailyPhotograph.com, juried by Magnum Photographer and 2013 Guggenheim winner Bruce Gilden.
2017 – thirteen exhibits, including:
– FRESH 2017 (continued) (juried by Peter Frank and Fatemeh Burnes) – SBC: SOLA Gallery
– 2nd Annual International Fine Art Exhibition (juried by Crista Dix) – Los Angeles Center of Photography’s (LACP)
– On The Street (juried by Paul Bridgewater, Francis Coiro, Bert Green, Sarah Lee, and Phil Tarley) – Fabrik Magazine’s Street Photography Competition & Exhibiton at Photo Independent
– Off the Clock – (curated by Elizabeth Avedon)
– American Photographic Artists (APA) - LA
– Art Hearts Fashion” (curated by Six Summit Gallery)
– LA Fashion Week
– Gallery 825
- Make America … – (juried by Nancy L. Meyer)
– LA Artcore
- 1st Annual Photographic Competition and Exhibition
(juried by George Simian, Richard Vogel, Brian C. Moss, Karen Hampton, and Jeff Alu)
– Photo LA – Open Show – group exhibit (juried selection)
2016 – Twenty-five exhibits, including:
– Los Angeles Center of Photography’s (LACP)
- The Creative Portrait (juried by Greg Gorman)
– Los Angeles Center of Photography – (dnj Gallery, Bergamot Station)
- Members’ Exhibition (juried by January Parkos Arnall)
– Groundspace Project
- Groundswell Exhibit (juried by Mat Gleason)
– LA Artcore
- 2nd Annual Juried Competition and Exhibition – (juried by Mark Steven Greenfield, Peter Frank, Andi Campognone, Ramone Munoz, and Tracey Landworth)
– CAL (California Art League)
- Art In A Free Society (curated by Jim Morphesis)