I was born 1977 on an island called West-Berlin - growing up during the last decade of the cold war. Since my childhood I was in love with cameras, so after the military service, it was almost written in the stars to turn this passion into my profession. 2002 I graduated from the photography and digital media program at the Kiryat Ono College of Photography, Israel. Since my return to Berlin in late 2002 I’m working worldwide as a freelance photographer.
After many years in comfort, working for all kind of sport brands I lost adidas as my main client and somehow felt free instead of frightened. Only a few months later, in late 2013 my daughter was born and I became sure that I need to take a different approach with my photography and get back to my roots - documentary photography.
My work has been exhibited internationally and appeared in such publications as Dazed, Haaretz, Highsnobiety, Huck, i-D and Lodown magazines, among others.
• June 5th - August 28th 2016 "Ethiopia Today" at Kunststation Kleinsassen (Germany)
• April 1st- June 30 2017 "Ethiopia Skates" at Lebemann, Eisenach (Germany)
• April 6th - April 29th 2016 "ethiopiaskate" at RichMix London (England)
• October 1st - October 15th 2015 "ethiopiaskate" at Hotel am Brillantengrund, Vienna (Austria)
• July 6th - September 11th 2015 "ethiopiaskate" at Art-Café Jadore, Berlin (Germany)
• 2005 "Eerste River, a hospital, its patients and their surroundings" at the Eerste River Hospital, Capetown (South Africa)