I first studied photography in 1984. As a botany student student at California State University, Hayward, I had to photograph my plant specimens. I bought a Nikon FE2, I enrolled in a photography class, and I loved it. I edit in the camera - if a good image isn't there, it just isn't there, I don't push it (no pun intended.) I conceded long ago that about 90% of my images were unremarkable, and that of the remaining 10%, only about half deserved any consideration at all for framing, let alone showing. I think I have framed less than 100 of my images. I print, mount, and frame at home. I shoot both film and digital, I have way too many cameras, I adore Kodak Technical Pan film, and my wife has forbade me from looking at cameras on eBay.
The rest of the time I'm an EMT, I ride around in ambulances, save lives, help people, and generally have a good time.