Photographer Marek Boguszak was born in Prague, Czech Republic, where he still lives. Photography has been his great passion since his late teens. He received his first camera at the age of twelve when he started to experiment with photography. As a child, he was more interested in post-processing darkrooms and exploring exposures and contracts in photography than playing with his schoolmates. He started with black and white photography focusing on his country’s landscapes. His inspirations came from nature and other photographers like Josef Sudek, Ansel Adams, Alfred Stieglitz.
After graduating in mathematics Marek Boguszak worked as a sociologist and in 1990 he became an entrepreneur in the area of market research. Alongside, photography was his vocation, his passion and Marek Boguszak major method was to explore the unknown, the unseen in photography, making his photos a natural abstraction. Marek is not alone in his atelier; his wife Magda plays an essential role in creating their abstract works.
The artist has received several awards and honorable mentions with TIFA, APA, IPA, Prix de le Photographie, Paris, VIPA, FAPA and several solo and group exhibitions in London, Prague, Monaco, Zurich, San Diego and Milan.
- Upcoming: solo exhibition in Fitzrovia Gallery and group exhibition in Saatchi Gallery, both London, October 2021
- Participation at the San Diego Museum of Art 2021 Summer Oline group exhbition, June-July 2021
- Solo exhibition "The Narrative of Abstraction", Galerie am Lindenhof, Zurich, April / May 2021
- Ongoing exhibition in his own gallery in Prague focused on abstract works, since July 2020
- Participation at The Visionary Projects online group exhibition „The Era of Change“, January-February 2021
- Participation at the ArtBox.Project World 1.0 online and onsite group exhibition, Zurich, January – May 2021
- Participation at the [email protected] online and onsite group exhibition at M.A.D.S. gallery, Milan, January-February 2021
- Solo exhibitions "Tuscany" and "Structures" in the "Galerie u Zlateho Kohouta" in Prague, June 2020
- Solo exhibition “Tale of Two Tuscanies”, December 2019, San Quirico d'Orcia, Italy
- Participation at the START Art Fair London at Saatchi Gallery, October 2020
- Participation at the International Art Fair Zurich, October 2020
- Participation at the International Art Fair Monaco, August 2020
- Siena Creative Photo Awards 2021, Commended in the category Abstract
- FAPA 2021 - Nominee in the category Abstract
- VIPA 2021 - Nominee in the category Abstract
- TIFA 2020 - Bronze and multiple honorable mentions in categories Fine Art / Abstract, Fine Art / Special Effects and Fine Art / Landscape
- One Eyeland Awards 2020, Finalist Fine Art / Abstract
- APA 2020 - multiple honorable mentions in categories "Abstract", "Fine Art", "Landscape"
- IPA 2020 - 3rd Place in categories "Nature, Landscape", multiple honorable mentions in categories "Fine Art, Abstract", "Nature,Landscape" and