Mario Brand was born in 1973 in a small town in Germany and grew up in an even smaller village.
After school he studied a bit of science of theatre.
Not coming to an end with that, he started working in a cinema and later on as a leader of the film projectionists.
Another try: in 2010 he started to study "Photography and Media" at the University of applied Sciences in Bielefeld, Germany.
In 2016 he finished his studies with the series "The Vile Maxim" earning a Bachelor Degree.
- Winner Felix Schoeller Photo Award, Category Architecture
- „Still looking for Bret“, FH Bielefeld
- Students Photobooks at Lumix Festival, Hannover
- Photoszene-Festival, Galerie 68elf, Köln
- Organ Vida (Finalist), International Photography Festival Zagreb, Kroatien
- „Les Boutographies”, Official Selection of the Jury in Montpellier, France
- „Dialog“, Galerie Holthoff-Mokross (Triennale der Photographie), Hamburg
- „Turn down the Lights“, Bunker Ulmenwall, Bielefeld