Miguel Angel Mejía (Sinaloa, México. September 15, 1984) is a Mexican visual artist based in Southern California. His work is primarily comprised of interactive installations while using photography as the main medium. Mejia is interested in contemporary socio-economic issues in Mexico and the repercussions they have on its people. As a way to facilitate these topics, he creates interactive experiences through play.
• 2015, MFA in Photography, Brooks Institute, CA
• 2017, Street Shooting Around the World online exhibition, Los Angeles Center for Photography
• 2015, Transcendental Convergence, Marcas Gallery, Santa Ana, CA
• 2015, No sabemos lo que hacemos pero lo estamos haciendo, Galería de Arte ‘Héctor Martínez Arteche’, Ciudad Obregón, México
• 2014, Distant Parallels, The Collaborative at MOLAA, Long Beach, CA
• 2013, Peripheral Tension, Gallery 27, Santa Barbara, CA
• His work can be found at the Museum of Latin American Art and in private