The name of this series corresponds to the address in Cologne of the building EL-DE-Haus, that was used from 1935 to 1945 as the headquarters of the Gestapo, the secret police of the National Socialist regime.
What makes this place interesting is that the facilities have remained intact since they were abandoned at the end of World War II. As a consequence, it is a highly suggestive and evocative space, that is in itself, a depository of the memories of a grim past.
The series is meant to be an emotional, rather than descriptive, journey. The photographs are manipulated to be in line with the author’ subjective view. The main idea is to emphasize the feelings that the place produces on the visitor and try to somewhat evocate the emotions of the prisoners that were hold in the facilities.