I try to combine the color, texture and emotion of a subject, while expressing my love for travel, culture, ritual and capturing the passion expressed by others through various art forms. I want my images to evoke a deeper meaning beyond the obvious visual: a place through light and form, an object through color and texture, a person through gesture and emotion.
The nature of my work varies from time to time, but it almost always involves the nature of light. Photography is the study of constantly changing light. I find it fascinating how within the same or adjacent locations the light will be totally different. I am often amazed, at the magic which lies between shadow and light and the composition and designs found within these areas.
Midwest born (St. Louis), raised in the South (Miami/Fort Lauderdale) and the NorthEast (Philadelphia & New York), and educated in the SouthWest (Boulder, CO); I have traveled extensively with a camera in my hand for over 40 years.
Influenced by numerous photographers Ansel Adams, Margaret Bourke-White, Dorthea Lange, Annie Leibovitz (and more…); Native American & Tribal Art, Music, Poetry, Theater, and Travel. My work encompasses a wide range of subjects Landscapes, Music, Stage, Event and Fine Art Photography.
• Masters Degree (MS) Interdisciplinary Arts, from Nova SouthEastern University, Davie, FL
• A Certificate in Professional Photography from Miami Photography College
• BA in Fine Arts and Art Education from the University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
I continued my visual and creative education, with course work including:
• Literacy through Photography, at Duke University’s Center for Documentary Studies, Durham, NC under Photographer/Art Collaborator Wendy Ewald.
• Graduate of the Artist as Entrepreneur Institute’s Doing Business As, Broward County (FL) Cultural Arts Division.
I continue a life-long quest for learning; constantly improving my skills, attending workshops and being part of various photography groups.