Self-taught, Berlin based photographer and artist with strong focus in Conceptual Documentary, Narrative + Portrait Photography, experimental techniques.
Sina’s work is driven by a deep desire to see, feel and understand the social dynamics of urban realities. Through her lens, the German artist with Colombian roots is a perceptive and gentle observer – unveiling depth and meaning in human interaction. It’s not just individual moments in time, that spark her interest but the people, each on their own journey, and in reflection: allow the viewer's story to shape the gaps, to open up a realm of interpretation in volatile proximity.
„With a vivid imagination and social concerns [she] searches for what lies under the surface“*. Her photography shows a „restless spirit“*, visualizing „abstract notions related to identity and human relationships.“* *LensCulture Reviews 2022
Sina studied Communications & Film (M.A.), Psychology and Cultural Philosophy at Leipzig University. She has a strong background in journalism that took her from Leipzig to Spain and New York City. Sina is currently based in Berlin.
- 1 year program at Ostkreuz School of Photography, Berlin
- ICP course work, New York
- Fotografie Berlin + Light_frame Collective
- Exhibition 48H Neukölln - „I’m going to eat my head off“ // Saṃsāra at Redah Gallery, Berlin
- Selected Photographer Int. Urban Photo Awards
- Exhibition "Aporia" at Bethanien, Berlin // SIILK, Athens