About Souvid Datta
Featured on LensCulture
- A video interview with award-winning photographer Souvid Datta about life as a photojournalist: “Pictures are now, more than ever, at the forefront of how stories need to be told.”
- Celebrating World Music Day! Join two brothers on an epic musical (and multi-media) journey through a raw, undiluted India: their continent-wide reportage captures a dazzling array of soon-to-disappear musical and cultural traditions from across the subcontinent.
- Recent large-scale migrations into the UK at the Calais border crossing have fueled debate in the media — here is a current, detailed look at several of the people risking their lives in search of a better way of life.
- In this honest, heart-felt video interview, a young photojournalist describes the essential role of empathy in engaging with the world. Inspiring words and even more inspiring images. Enjoy!
- Over and under a single bridge in Kabul, two worlds lie mere meters apart. Above, children walk to school and a market bustles; daily life carries on, unworried. Below, over 2,000 hopelessly addicted heroin users are packed into what its denizens’ call a “living hell.” See this powerful photo-report.
- Every year, China’s pollution causes an estimated 3.5 million deaths — these photos show how bad the problem really is.
Souvid Datta's Projects on LensCulture