Location:Washington, DC, United States
Schools Attended:Maryland Institute College of Art
Photo Associations & Memberships:WPOW, Metro Collective
Gabriela Bulisova is a documentary photographer and multimedia artist based in Washington, D.C. Her work focuses on under-reported and overlooked stories affecting marginalized populations around the world and in the United States. Bulisova has received numerous recognitions and awards, including:
• The National Press Photographers Association’s Short Grant;
• Winner of the 2013 Sondheim Prize;
• Open Society Institute’s Moving Walls 18;
• The Aperture Portfolio Review Top Tier Portfolios of Merit;
• A CEC ArtsLink Projects grant;
• The PDN Annual Photography Competition Winner (Student);
• The CANON “Explorer of Light” award.
Bulisova was also a participant at the Eddie Adams Workshop for emerging photographers, and a graduate fellow at the National Graduate Photography Institute at Columbia University in New York, NY.
Mark Isaac is a multimedia artist living in Washington, D.C. focusing on both documentary and fine art projects. Isaac was awarded an MFA in Photography and Digital Imaging (2008) and an MA in Digital Arts (2007), both from the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore. He also studied extensively at the Corcoran School of Art + Design and the Smithsonian Institution. His work has been exhibited in galleries in the United States and abroad.
Bulisova and Isaac collaborate on a number of documentary and artistic projects in the United States and abroad, including “Locked Apart,” a multiyear investigation of the impact of incarceration on families.