About Jeff Cowen
Featured on LensCulture
- A show of new photographic works by Berlin-based artist Jeff Cowen opens in Cologne — here is a preview and a great interview.
- Cowen’s large one-man show now in Berlin at VW Gallery feels like a stunningly curated museum show (a healthy dose of new, unseen recent work intermingled with representative pieces from the last decade).
- For his one-man exhibition in Berlin, Jeff Cowen designed a special 48-page booklet to serve as the invitation to the opening — composed of sketches, tiny details of large murals, notes, and photos from his studio. You can enjoy the complete book, here, online.
- Jeff Cowen treats photography as a vehicle for painting, collage and sculpture. He uses the chemicals in his dark-room as a painter uses color, developing the compositions and allowing for processes outside his direct control.
- Photographer-Artist Jeff Cowen speaks about his work and his approach to art in an interview with Jim Casper and Jennifer Crowley at Michael Werner Kunsthandel in Köln, Germany. VIDEO.
- An exhibition in Paris reveals all-new sculptural photomurals, hand-cut collages, and other photo-based artwork by Jeff Cowen.
- American artist-photographer Jeff Cowen opens a one-man show in Barcelona that is richly diverse and stunningly honest and alive.
- Photographer Jeff Cowen creates movement and intensity with collage, scale, and striking subject matter. In an audio interview, he talks about his process and his influences
- Jeff Cowen’s latest body of work is a virtuoso performance of mural-size portraits and cinematic collages.
- Jeff Cowen visits modern-day Havana and returns with timeless photographs — moody, resigned, and quietly emotional.
Jeff Cowen's Projects on LensCulture