The Ethnic Mosaics of Beauty
This is an art-collages collection made of photo-elements of the project "The Ethnic Origins of Beauty". This art work is designed to draw attention to the importance of preserving the ethnic diversity of humanity, to the beauty of this diversity, to the equivalence of each ethnic element in the mosaic of the overall beauty of humankind.
Working on this collection continues in parallel with the project "The Ethnic Origins of Beauty".
The Ethnic Origins of Beauty (Les origines de la beauté) is a non-profit, artistic, documentary and research project about the ethnic diversity of mankind, presented through the beauty of women of all ethnic groups of the world.
The objectif of this project is to show the real scale of ethnocultural diversity in a full, systematic and creative way; to illustrate each and every distinctive ethnicity, however small it is, and whatever its official status.
It is the ethnicities put on the base of the project, rather than countries, to show the picture of human diversity vividly, which we do not see when focusing only at racial or national typologies that are characteristic for the most international competitions or other events. Limiting only by civil affiliation, 90% of existing peoples stay invisible, because they are not presented as independent countries.
To reach the hearts of the wider international and multicultural public, the language of female beauty and youth has been chosen.
Every single ethnic group in the project will be presented by three young girls (three photo-portraits and three video interviews) with an informational note on each ethnic group represented.
The candidates of girls-representatives are chosen by the following criteria:
- 18-30 years old
- belonging to one ethnic group for at least three generations
- beautiful face / photogenic in front
- preferably without radically colored hair
The selection of girls takes place in two steps:
1) at first - selection by participation requests (summaries and photos of applications sent by e-mail)
2) then - selection by the results of a photo-shoot and video interview filming
The entire implementation process of the project, as well as photo-portraits and videos prepared progressively, are published immediately on the website and social networks, giving subscribers the ability to watch, chat , comment and exchange of information.
All video interviews and other materials are being translated, in the extent possible, in three languages (English, French, Russian)
- EDUCATION - the possibility to get a complete and clear picture of all existing peoples, to enrich not only ethnological but also geographical, social, cultural, religious and other knowledge, to leave the limits of existing stereotypes.
- PEACE-CONSTRUCTION - the harmonisation of interethnic relations within the country or region through manifesting every ethnicity in a positif way by showing the beauty of every people and through equal attention to every nation in order to tolerate and to accept the differences of others and to better understand your own identity, the specific features of your own culture,
- HERITAGE - the contribution to the heritage of humankind for existing and future generations by creating of the universal multimedia collection of human ethnic diversity of the 21st century.
The project “The Ethnic Origins of Beauty” received the acknowledgment of UNESCO and was first officially presented at an exhibition devoted to international women’s day in March 2014, at its Parisian headquarters.
The realisation of the project has started in 2012. Up to date, we have managed to achieve about 90 photos / videos portraits of representatives of more than 50 ethnic groups from 15 countries on 4 continents.
Here is the main links of the project:
Official website: www. lesoriginesdelabeaute.com
Video presentation of the project in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ze5ZCSbyk&list=PLWHPZn_zI3_auQYopJdB2yErSgD5iEyYm&index=1
The complete collection of portraits up to date: https://www.flickr.com/ photos/[email protected]/sets/ 72157636703322835/
The play-list of all video-interviews in English up to date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgTC-86kGRs&list=PLWHPZn_zI3_auQYopJdB2yErSgD5iEyYm&index=3
The play-list of all video-interviews in French up to date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbliXgd2Hk&index=3&list=PLWHPZn_zI3_ZcyJT77NUETxCGodQnel3n
The play-list of all video-interviews in Russian up to date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5oykLJ6uo&list=PLWHPZn_zI3_ZlsfB5EM6Mmkmz--O3Gszc&index=3
The video of the project exhibition at UNESCO: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=KPJ7hNXXYlY&index= 1&list=PLWHPZn_zI3_ ZkSkt1C1GkRaAIHhXcUleg
The backstage video of one of our shoot in Moscow: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=lbEEwpHO26I&index= 3&list=PLWHPZn_zI3_ ZkSkt1C1GkRaAIHhXcUleg
The video of the official presentation of the project in Russia in the Kremlin Palace: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=qVRDU5oR3N8&list= PLWHPZn_zI3_ ZkSkt1C1GkRaAIHhXcUleg&index=4
Facebook: https://www. facebook.com/pages/Les- origines-de-la-beaut%C3%A9/ 444900195589145
Youtube: https://www.youtube. com/channel/ UCSi9LpPZR7CUZMJknep7-QQ