“Traces” is a tribute to the artistic movement of Italian futurists.
Walking near a construction site I realized that the traces on the rough floor of a shopping center still under construction left by the forklifts for transporting goods evoked the charcoal drawings of the Italian Futurists. In particular I love Giacomo Balla, Umberto Boccioni, Gerardo Dottori and their research on speed and movement.
Indeed I’m interested in using a sense of mechanical abstraction in relationship to the identifiable elements in the photos and also in making dynamic, visually textured two-dimensional compositions that are graphic designs that rely on lines, planes of space, patterns.
An aesthetic tension created by the lines, shapes and contrast. The compositions become like an another surreal imaginary world (and all this has already been explored by the futurists).
(I went back to different scenes more time from 2017 to 2020).
Sometimes I try to challenge viewers to take on new perspectives and new understandings of what they see.
- PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2018 "Fine Art Abstract" Honorable Mention
- IPA - International Photography Awards, Los Angeles 2018 "Fine Art Abstract" - Honorable Mention
- Siena International Photo Award (SIPA) 2019 Creative - Finalist
- "New Talent of The Year in Photography" 🏆 Winner at London International Creative Competition 2019
- Minimalist Photography Awards 2019, Abstract Honorable Mention
- “The Abstract Image” Praxis Arts Centre, Minneapolis – USA, 2019 - Finalist
- Circle Foundation Artist of the Year Award 2019 Honorable Mention
- International Photography Awards (IPA) One Shot / Movement Photo Contest 2020- Honorable Mention
- Siena Creative Photo Awards 2020 “Abstract” Commended
- The New York Center for Photographic Arts (NYC4PA) 2021 "Abstract" Winner (third place)
- The Worldwide Photography Gala Awards_FotoNostrum 16° Pollux Awards. "Abstract" Honorable Mention
- Moscow International Foto Awards 2021 Fine Art - Abstract Silver Winner