About Rencontres D' Arles
Featured on LensCulture
- In a landmark exhibition at this edition of Rencontres d’Arles, thirty artists take us on a journey through Britain’s turbulent recent history through the lens of the most humble and familiar starting point: the home.
- Continuing its bold reinvention, the photography world’s flagship festival pushes further into new territory this year, with a wide range of inspiring exhibitions and events—discover our editors’ highlights from the program.
- A striking and comprehensive exhibition that recognized the efforts of 62 Iranian photographers, artists, and filmmakers who have bravely portrayed their country’s many changes since its historic 1979 revolution.
- Two exhibitions revisiting street photography stole the show at this year’s festival in Arles—read our thoughts on what made them special (and what made the rest of the festival a bit disappointing).
- Following last year’s bold edition, this flagship festival continues to stake its claim as a laboratory for new photographic practices—enjoy our highly selective 41-image preview.
- This week, the world of photography casts its eyes on Arles—and in return, the festival promises a breath of fresh air! Come enjoy our 77-image preview as well as an exclusive, in-depth interview with the festival’s visionary new director, Sam Stourdzé.
- Europe’s oldest photography festival puts on a show with a wide variety of photography — some great new discoveries and a tip of the hat to photographers from previous decades. This is the festival’s final year under the creative direction of François Hebel.
Rencontres D' Arles's Projects on LensCulture
Rencontres D' Arles's Books