About Metrography Agency
Featured on LensCulture
- In today’s world of shrinking media budgets and finite attention spans, how can we produce complex, long-term, nuanced journalism? Metrography, Iraq’s first photo agency, offers a possible solution.
- Every day, we are overwhelmed with stories of the growth of ISIS, the destruction of ancient cities, the death of innocents—meanwhile, these brave Iraqi photojournalists go deeper and stay longer, offering in-depth humanitarian reports that aim to deepen our view of a complex, ever-changing region.
- Amidst the endless stories of religious warfare in the Middle East, these photographs offer a ray of hope, showing us an intimate portrait of harmonious co-habitation between a Christian and Sunni family in Kirkuk, Iraq.
- Through compelling portraits and environmental shots, this series communicates deeply affecting stories of displacement in an Iraqi refugee camp.
- By carefully tracing the journey of two young, orphaned Iraqi boys across their country’s shifting battle lines, these photos convey the devastating personal impact of conflict and displacement.
- Over one million displaced refugees have flooded into Iraqi Kurdistan—this touching photo-report tells the story of a group living out of two over-crowded hotels and their daily struggle to get by.
Metrography Agency's Projects on LensCulture