Location:Washington, DC, United States
About National Geographic
Featured on LensCulture
- A senior photo editor reveals what it takes to land an assignment for the iconic magazine—passion, dedication, research, a sense of history, an eye for poetry, and more.
- What goes into pitching, researching and publishing a story at one of the world’s most venerable magazines? Sarah Leen takes us behind the scenes in this generous interview.
- From the New York Times, to TIME and WIRED—photo editor and photographer Patrick Witty explores the power of contemporary media and its unparalleled capacity to reach new audiences.
- An enlightening, wide-ranging interview with NGM editor Kathy Moran—touching upon humanity’s visual storytelling DNA, the transformative power of images and the fundamental universality of photography.
- Many great National Geographic photographers talk about photography as a powerful, universal visual language—true inspiration!
- See full-screen slideshows of the top winners selected by National Geographic this year in all categories of their international contest: Nature, People and Places.
- With an amazing archive of photographs that span the globe and the past 125 year, the anniversary issue of National Geographic reminds us that “a photograph has the power to do infinitely more than document. It can transport us to unseen worlds.”
National Geographic's Projects on LensCulture
National Geographic's Books