Reflections of true artists drive somehow my work :
- Pour qu’une chose soit intéressante, il suffit de la regarder longtemps.
* Anything becomes interesting if you look at it long enough.
- La présence physique de la couleur, la joie qu'elle me procure est au cœur de mes préoccupations.
* The physical presence of color, the joy it gives me is at the heart of my concerns.
John Batho (interview)
In a previous life, after having traveled backpack and taught, Etienne was an entrepreneur in software publishing. This was a great adventure, but it is of the past. Now he does what he dreamed of when he was 15 years old: photography.
The Ecole des Arts d’Ixelles (Brussels / Belgium), with Pierre Radisic as professor, was decisive. And, to consolidate this, the Academie voor Beeldende Kunsten Anderlecht (Brussels), with Sarah Van Marcke and Charles Verraest has been substantial.
- Walker Evans, John Beasley Greene, Ernst Haas, Irving Penn, Mario Giacomelli, René Groebli...
- The first and the great colourists: the Frenchman John Batho, the Italian Luigi Ghirri; the Americans Saul Leiter, Stephen Shore, Meyerowitz, Eggleston, ...
Other names include: Bill Brandt, Alex Webb, Bert Danckaert, Mike Brodie, Harry Gruyaert...