About Laia Abril
Featured on LensCulture
- As every November, Paris Photo gathers photography-lovers from all over the world to celebrate images, photobooks, and all things photographic. Discover our editors’ picks from across the city.
- “Post-photography is not a style or a historical movement but a rerouting of visual culture…it defines a new relationship we’ve adopted with our images.” Join provocateur/curator Joan Fontcuberta on an eclectic tour of the photographic practices that are pushing us to question our most fundamental beliefs about the field.
- There is no more intimacy—today we share everything. This unsettling transmedia project shows how bored, young couples around the world are unafraid of exposing their intimacy (read: offering sex performances) for paying, online audiences.
- Fueled by unrestrained creative freedom, five up-and-coming artists represent a wide array of perspectives and practices, leaving their indelible mark on contemporary Spanish photography.
- A masterfully conveyed narrative of loss, remembrance and those small tragedies that beset every family and every individual in their search for a place in the world. One of our top books for 2014.
Laia Abril's Projects on LensCulture
Laia Abril's Books