Location:New York, NY, United States
Gallery Representation:Anastasia Photo Gallery
Schools Attended:School of Visual Arts
About Natan Dvir
Featured on LensCulture
- From social tensions in Israel to understanding the American Dream on the streets of New York, Israeli photographer Natan Dvir has spent his career using photography as a means to see and understand the world in a clearer manner.
- Surreal urban landscapes created by juxtapositions of huge-scale facade advertising and people on the streets of New York City. Photographs by Natan Dvir.
- Nine top winners and 27 finalists from 15 countries won awards in the 2012 LensCulture Exposure Awards for the best in global photography and multimedia. See examples of each, here, along with direct links to each winner’s website.
- Natan Dvir, an Israeli Jewish man, photographed and talked with 18-year-old men and women who are part of the minority Arab population that continues to live within a country that is largely defined by opposing religious beliefs.
- Israeli photographer Natan Dvir is “fascinated and sometimes frightened by the extreme situations people reach in the pursuit and defense of their beliefs. Regardless of specific religious or political affinities, belief can provide a sense of community, belonging, safety, and understanding, yet might also provoke hatred, separation and aggression.”
Natan Dvir's Projects on LensCulture