About Unseen Amsterdam
Featured on LensCulture
- While art fairs around the world grow increasingly insular and difficult to penetrate, Amsterdam’s Unseen is dedicating itself to showing fresh faces, new work and creating a platform to examine the next trends in photography.
- Enough plastic has been manufactured since the end of the Second World War to coat the entire earth in plastic wrap. The problem then manifests in plankton: they ingest the micro-particles and so begins plastics’ journey up the food chain…
- With offerings ranging from curation by the Dutch legend Anton Corbijn to emerging Japanese photography and African portraiture, this year’s Unseen Photo Fair & Festival promises to be as diverse and eclectic as ever.
- A conversation with Behold editor David Rosenberg, offering some revelation about the processes of exposure and discovery in today’s crowded world of online publishing.
- Why should a sequence of photographs have to conform to a conventional narrative structure—how else can images work together? Todd Hido, a master of the photobook, investigates in his latest collection.
- Amsterdam opens its doors and gives itself over to the world of photography. Come see our editors’ picks of some of the highlights that will be on display—though we hope it’s only the beginning of your exploration of what the fair has to offer!
- In honor of Unseen Photo Fair, we look back at one of our highlights from last year’s edition: the installation/campaign of photographic star Lorenzo Vitturi. Come discover more about his unique work process in this behind-the-scenes documentary.
- 25 works by established or emerging international photographers will be offered at prices of 1,000 euros or less during the Unseen Photo Fair in Amsterdam — see them all in this preview!
- A fascinating interview with Sohei Nishino, a brilliant and obsessive artist who creates composite images of cities using over 10,000 35mm prints at a time!
- The second edition of this Amsterdam photo festival focuses on undiscovered photography talent and the unseen work by more established professionals. See 22 high-resolution photos in our preview of this year’s Unseen Photo Fair.
- A preview of some great new photography that debuts in an all-new photo fair in Amsterdam. Hip and cool.
Unseen Amsterdam's Projects on LensCulture