About Paris Photo
Featured on LensCulture
- “All alone from the North Pole to the Antarctic in 487 days—a journey in total solitude.” These atmospheric photographs balance on the edge of fiction and reality, while exploring the attraction of an imperfect image.
- Photography, embroidery, philosophy and sculpture interweave in this delicately beautiful series of landscapes of the Swiss mountains.
- Celebrating its 20th edition, Paris Photo attracts photography lovers from all over the world, who will gather at the Grand Palais to discover what has been making waves in the photo world over the past year. Discover our editors’ favorites from what will be on show.
- The list of contenders for the Paris Photo-Aperture Foundation Photobook Awards 2016 runs the gamut from weighty odes to the medium to innovative, idiosyncratic and (at times) playful reflections on the art of photography. Read one of our editor’s thoughts on the most deserving candidates.
- This intimate series is the result of the photographer’s decades-long fascination with a remote valley, its idiosyncratic inhabitants and a long, personal history of family strife.
- A French photographer, dropped in the middle of Québec, confronts complete immersion in a foreign environment, producing an unflinching portrait of his surroundings.
- An ethereal series meditates on the overwhelming pull of the Greek islands: “One happy moment, sometime between July and September, a breeze arises, stirring numbed bodies. In the softness of a lane, looking across at vineyards and olive groves, whitewashed paving stones gleam in the dusk…”
- Step back into a different New York—before the capitalistic white-washing and the family-friendly gentrifying. A New York at the zenith of its mania; a New York that no longer exists…
- Photography collectors from all over the world will be sizing up and acquiring photographs and books at the yearly mega-fair, Paris Photo, November 12-15, 2015.
- What is it about the American landscape that has captivated photographers for so long? Over three decades, Graham has tirelessly traveled the country, capturing the colorful, sometimes surreal, and often bizarre thus conveying a quintessential piece of this great, big, strange place.
- Five years old and going strong, this Paris-based festival showcases young and emerging photographic talents from across Europe—our preview highlights 46 intriguing images from the diverse offerings on display.
- Here are the 20 photos our editors choose to highlight from the upcoming Paris Photo art fair — PLUS links to hundreds of other cool photo events taking place throughout Paris this November — Enjoy!
- A full-screen slideshow preview of 68 photos that will be featured at one of the largest and most influential photography fairs.
- An up-to-the-minute snapshot of the fine art photography marketplace: full-screen slideshow preview of photos from Paris Photo 2013. This photo: Folsom at Fremont, 2013 © John Chiara, Von Lintel Gallery
- Enjoy Lens Culture’s high-resolution slideshow preview of what will be on show at the all-new Paris Photo Los Angeles art fair.
Paris Photo's Projects on LensCulture