About Foam Amsterdam
Featured on LensCulture
- Characterized by bold patterns and striking studio stylings, this master portrait-maker’s work is currently on view for the first time in the Netherlands. Discover his prolific output as well as a critical look at visual representation of Malian society in the mid-20th century.
- The acclaimed photography magazine’s managing editor speaks with LensCulture about the value of confronting work that is vastly different from your own—and how that broadens your perspective, teaches you new visual languages and offers fresh ways of seeing the world.
- Taking over the entire Foam Museum, this expansive retrospective of the supremely influential Helmut Newton features over 200 photographs, ranging from rarely shown early prints to monumental photos that deserve to be seen in person.
- A powerful and original take on the informal migrant settlement outside of Calais—produced over 10 years, this project does full justice to the complexity of the long-running political/humanitarian crisis lying at Europe’s heart.
- Dubbed “one of the most innovative and experimental young photographers working in the world today”—discover the work of the unanimous winner of this prestigious Dutch award.
- Come discover the fresh, dazzlingly varied work of 21 photographic talents—emerging today, household names in the none-too-distant future.
Foam Amsterdam's Projects on LensCulture