About Sandra Hoyn
Featured on LensCulture
- Documenting, with deep sensitivity, the harsh realities of a Bangladeshi brothel. The resulting portraits bear witness to the daily trials and tribulations experienced by the sex workers there.
- “Bangladesh is one of the few Muslim countries where prostitution is legal.” — a profound and sensitive work witnessing the grueling lives of female sex workers in Bangladeshi slums.
- Dirk and Jenny have lived together happily for four years—so what if Jenny is a silicone doll? Before judging, take a look at these beautiful photographs (+ video) and ask yourself, “What is normal, anyways?”
- This year’s World Press Photo Awards honored dozens of incredible stories—and we were especially pleased to see several LensCulture photographers among the laureates!
- In Thailand, children begin boxing at the age of six—these difficult photographs document the life of these child fighters with an interview that goes even deeper into the story behind the pictures.
Sandra Hoyn's Projects on LensCulture