- 2017 World Press Photo Awards
- Interview with Magdalena Herrera, Chair of the 2018 Jury
- 2016 World Press Photo Awards
- 2015 World Press Photo Awards
- 2014 World Press Photo Awards
- World Press Photo Awards 2005
- World Press Photo Awards 2008
- World Press Photo Awards 2006
- World Press Photo Awards 2009
- World Press Photo Awards 2010
- World Press Photo Awards 2013
- World Press Photo Awards 2011
- World Press Photo Awards 2012
About World Press Photo
Featured on LensCulture
- How does the jury for the world’s top prize for visual journalism makes its decision? Jury chair Magdalena Herrera spoke to LensCulture about the process of choosing the “best” photos (and what “best” really means).
- Heroic act of photojournalism or sensationalizing an act of terror? Discover this year’s controversial winner alongside dozens of the most important news stories from the past 12 months.
- Now open in Amsterdam! An inspiring, disturbing, beautiful and eye-opening look at the world around us. From the refugee crisis across Europe to the earthquake in Nepal, and so many stories in between, this was another important year for news stories.
- A three-time World Press Photo laureate offers invaluable advice on how to work well with an emerging source of funding in the photojournalistic world: NGOs.
- A World Press Photo-winning photographer discusses his ambitious project to canvas the continent of Africa and document an emerging class of entrepreneurial young faces who are injecting an optimistic energy into their homelands, lifting up the surrounding communities in the process.
- See the winning photos for 2015, and read statements by the jury — a powerful year for news stories!
- One Year Anniversary: This prize-winning multimedia project captures how the protests in Taksim Square, Istanbul began as a local issue before transforming “in the blink of an eye” to a foundation-shaking civil resistance movement.
- On March 11, 2012, sixteen Afghan civilians were killed by a US Army Sergeant who later pleaded guilty — this World Press Photo Award-winning multimedia tells the story of the surviving victims whose voices, so far, have remained publicly unheard.
- This award-winning interactive documentary looks at the story of America through the lens (and the life) of a tiny, almost forgotten corner of West Virginia.
- Staff riding, the local slang for train surfing, is a widespread phenomenon in South Africa. Explore this spectacular and risky ritual through video, pictures and words.
- A full-screen slideshow of the best in photojournalism according to World Press Photo.
- Lens Culture presents a high-resolution slideshow of winners of the World Press Photo Awards.
- Awards for the best photojournalism from 2012 were just announced by World Press Photo. Samuel Aranda’s compelling photograph from Yemen (above) was declared the Photo of the Year. Read more about this and other winning images from around the globe, and view them here in Lens Culture’s high-resolution slideshow.
- See the winning photographs selected by the World Press Photo jury as the best in photojournalism and documentary for the year.
- Lens Culture is pleased to present this year’s winning photographs from the World Press Photo competition. The photo, Rainbowland, New Mexico, by Canadian photographer Kitra Cahana, won 1st prize for Arts and Entertainment Stories. Most of the other winners focus on areas of conflict. All of the photos are remarkable this year.
- Discover the photos considered to be the best in worldwide photojournalism. Lens Culture features the winners in a high-resolution slideshow.
- The winners of World Press Photo Awards. Here are some of the very best photos taken in the world of photojournalism during 2007.
- See all the winning photographs here, as well as archives of all the winners in two previous years.
- An exhibition touring the world presents almost 200 images of the best in photojournalism — difficult, haunting and beautiful. Here is a sampling of 20 moments from around the world.
World Press Photo's Projects on LensCulture
World Press Photo's Books
Thames & Hudson, June 28, 2013
Thames & Hudson, June 30, 2012
Thames & Hudson, June 30, 2011
Thames & Hudson, July 01, 2010
Thames & Hudson, June 23, 2009
Thames & Hudson, June 25, 2008
Thames & Hudson, July 23, 2007
Thames & Hudson, July 17, 2006
Thames & Hudson, June 2005
Thames & Hudson, July 2004