About W Scott Olsen
Featured on LensCulture
- “This, I thought, is the allure. I have always loved water, both salt and fresh, and boats, for me, are made as much of magic as steel. But there is something deeper in the way water calls…”
- “As I read passages by photographers talking about their work, what I heard was a conversation…a multi-voiced guide on how to see the world, how to pull meaning from the elusive, how to think about the work we do…”
- A deep, personal look into the mind of a celebrated conflict photographer, one that takes us beyond the cover photos and into the great risks and costs that such a dedicated life entails.
- The world’s most iconic images linger in our minds, inviting us to create further stories and worlds from the moments captured therein. Why? This essay offers a single frame and an explanation.
- A photographer’s talent is an understanding of depth—so how can anyone make a good photograph while in the shoes of a tourist, when they have no depth to rely upon? This traveler’s essay offers one solution.
W Scott Olsen's Projects on LensCulture
W Scott Olsen's Books